- On the main page of the Report Manager click on the plus sign just above the list of available Report Templates.
- Specify details of the Template by giving it a name, specifying the group by property and the scheduling interval in the form of a cron expression. Cron expression consists of the values of Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Day of month, Month, Day of week and Year separated by a space. A value could also be replaced with the „*“ if the field is required to stay indefinite.
For instance, 0 0 12 * * ? expression will trigger report generation at 12:00 PM every day, whereas 0 10,44 14 ? 3 WED will trigger report generation at 2:10 PM and at 2:44 PM every Wednesday in the month of March. Read more about cron expressions here.
- Then, specify permissions of the Report Template. That will denote, users with which Roles will have an access to the generated Reports and the Report Template itself.
- Next, go to the Builder and set the layout of the Report Template. That will define, how various elements of the generated Report will be placed relative to each other.
- For each widget, a widget type and a data source have to be specified. That could be done by clicking on the buttons underneath a widget (pic. 7, 8, 9)
- Select Area Chart, Bar Chart, Donut Chart, Heatmap, Line Chart, Gauge, Pie Chart, Map, Table, Markdown or Vega as a Widget Type. Each Type requires a few attributes to be specified (e.g., color of the line, text to be displayed, etc.).
- As the next step, a Device which will serve as a data provider should be selected. That could be done using our Filter mechanism. The required Device could be filtered out by specific criteria, such as id or tag.
- Finally, a Channel of the Device should be specified using the same Filter mechanism.